Thursday, September 30, 2010

New X-Box 360 Slim Console



THE NEW XBOX 360 S CONSOLE... I'm not going to lie. When this first came out I gave little interest into the whole hype. I thought it was stupid and a complete waste of money. My xbox was perfect all hooked up with accessories and games and memory. WHY would I want to sell/get rid of my hooked up old one it and buy the new one? I'll Tell you why..

Reason #1: Slick New Design! The new xbox design is seriously much better than the old version. Black and glossy is a much better color for consoles than white and flat.. an option for either white or black would have been perfection, but god forbid Microsoft does anything to that level. ha ha! It's not exactly slimmer than the old but sort of shorter if your storing it upright. 

Reason #2a: Amazing new list of upgrades which in my opinion made the Sony Ps3 what it is today. Microsoft took away the buttons on the 360 and made them touch sensitive so now all you need to do is touch or swipe your finger over them to either open, close, eject, etc. QUIETER! I was so happy in hearing that now when I play my dvd's i no longer need to hear that annoying dvd spinning through the drive. Built in Wi-Fi 802.11n faster speeds and greater distance for online capabilities thru xbox live! saves us the $99.99 for the old external version! Smaller power supply, I think that says it all; wait no.. it's also now energy efficient. Three extra USB ports are now added making a total of Five overall throughout the system. There are two in the front and three in the back. Of course they needed to put the backward capability so I can't really say thats an upgrade but when researching what you can and cannot use from your old xbox you notice that the old memory units and hard drives are no longer compatible. Which is highly annoying because now in order to transfer our stuff to the new built in hard drive we need to go spend an extra $19.99 on something were only going to use once.


Reason #2b: All accessories now come in the same black finishing as the console. Theres an optical audio port for those of us who have high end audio systems. =) 


Reason #3: I think the number one reason we are all eventually going to go buy this is for one thing: Kinect! It has a built in port for Kinect when it comes out and with the new bundles for pre-order that are arriving day by day it's worth the money to buy a bundle with all the extras included and get with the playing!

*Note: I could sit here and find out the various times for opening and closing games and loading times from Xbox 360 Vs. Xbox 360 Slim, but I find it pointless to know that it takes (ex.) 23 seconds to open the console from time of pressing the button. If you feel that this data is necessary.. drop a comment if enough of you want this I'll do a re-write with the times! :) 

 

 





*Design = 5/5 controllers!
*Upgrades = 5/5 controllers! 
*Value for the $ = 5/5 controllers!
*Future Capabilities = 5/5 controllers! 

I can't seem to find anything wrong with this console! In fact I think after I finish posting this Blog I'm going to run down to Best Buy and get a few of them for Team R.G.R. headquarters!

*Overall = 5/5 controllers!



Happy Purchasing! 

-Team R.G.R.       

No comments:

Post a Comment